Alper Coskun's Research Page
I'm currently a MSc student in the Computer Engineering at the Gebze Institute of Technology.
Current Research Project
Method by which the deaf are able to read the speech of others from the movements of the lips and mouth. It is sometimes referred to as speech reading, which technically also includes the reading of facial expressions and body language.
- C. Bregler, H. Hild, S. Manke and A. Waibel. Improving Connected Letter Recognition by Lipreading. Proc. of ICASSP, 1993. [ps]
- C. Bregler and Y. Konig. Eigenlips for Robust Speech Recognition. Proc. of ICASSP, 1994. [pdf]
- P. Duchnowski, U. Meier and A. Waibel. See Me, Hear Me: Integrating Automatic Speech Recognition and Lip-Reading. Proc. Int. Conf. Speech Lang. Process, 1994. [pdf]
- R. Kauric, B. Dalton and A. Blake. Real-Time Lip Tracking for Audio-Visual Speech Recognition Applications. In Proc. European Conf. Computer Vision, 1996. [ps.gz]
- R. Stiefelhagen, U. Meier and J. Yang. Real-Time Lip-Tracking for Lip Reading. Proc. Eurospeech, 1997. [ps.gz]
- G. Potamianos, H. P. Graf and E. Cosatto. An Image Transform Approach for HMM Based Automatic Lipreading. Proc. of the International Conference on Image Processing, 1998. [pdf]
- M. Lievin and F. Luthon. Lip Features Automatic Extraction. ICIP, 1998. [pdf]
- M. Lievin and F. Luthon. Unsupervised Lip Segmentation Under Natural Conditions. ICASSP, 1999. [pdf]
- R. Seguier and N. Cladel. Genetic Snakes: Application on Lipreading. ICANNGA, 2003. [pdf]
Last modified: 20 June 2004.